Here is a great opportunity to kick start your career with Radstock Co-operative Society!
We have an opening for the Trainee Supervisor Programme at the following stores:
As a perspective candidate you will have gained experience in a customer service role and be an advocate of great customer service, be confident, friendly, and professional.
As a trainee supervisor there will an expectation on flexibility in terms of working hours and to support your colleagues by working additional hours as and when required. This could be due to busy/peak trading periods or staff absence/holidays. However, your manager shall endeavour to provide you with as much notice as practicable in support of a work life balance.
If you are excited by the idea of developing your career in retail and believe you have the knowledge, skills and experience then download an application form from our website today!
Alternatively, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No.
Closing date 30/10/2021
Duties will include undertaking or supervising some or all the following:
· Issuing working instructions
· Conducting performance reviews/job chats
· Involvement in recruitment, induction training and coaching of colleagues
· Carry out return-to-work interviews, assist in tackling performance and conduct issues
· Be responsible for the security of the premise and colleagues when acting in the capacity of duty manager as a Keyholder.
· Demonstrate the ability to complete the full range of duties associated with the position including cash reconciliation, stock & ordering/replenishment, receiving & dealing with incorrect deliveries, price reductions, wastage recording, maintain high store standards etc.
· Have a strong understanding of the legal framework surrounding retail including age-restricted products, sale of goods act, pricing, food handling, health & safety etc.
· Responding to customer complaints and queries in store to resolve with a positive outcome
Manual handling capability is an essential requirement for this role.
You should be a strong communicator and enjoy connecting with customers and colleagues. You will be a good team player, be confident in voicing ideas and issuing working instructions, with a strong desire to progress and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
You will be supported through the six-month training programme by your line manager and have check in meetings with HR to discuss your progress. Should you fail to reach the required standards then you shall return to the role of CSA on no less favorable terms than when you commenced this programme.
On successful completion of the required training modules your position shall be confirmed as permanent Supervisor!